Sunday, October 20, 2013

Ideal occupations

Here are 10 occupations I wish I had pursued, in no particular order.

1. Architect: The kind that designs major buildings. Nothing is higher than architect.

2. Poet: I do this as an amateur and I think I am good at it. However, all those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain :)

3. Mechanical engineer: As a kid I always admired my uncle who is a top-notch mechanical engineer. If I ever win the lottery, I'll do a masters in this field.

4. Game designer and programmer: I wish I was the person who led the development of Diablo series. This is perhaps the closest to my actual occupation, but the mixture of programming, story telling, art and graphics makes game design unique.

5. Fighter jet pilot: I am afraid of heights, so this is quite far fetched. But I am fascinated by fighter jets. I used to build and paint plastic model kits of them. It seems in the near future fighter jets will be commanded from land stations. So it seems I missed this opportunity by 50 years or so.

6. Professional tennis player: I am too much of a couch potato to do a sports professionally. Tennis is the only sports activity I enjoy performing, despite enjoying watching any kind of sports on TV (I can even watch a curling game). I was a big Agassi fan back in the day. Before that I was a fan of Boris Becker. Nowadays I am more interested in female players.

7. Philosopher: I do have a doctorate of philosophy. I wish I was doing my qualified job :) 

8. Singer: When I was young, I saw Joe Cocker in Unchain My Heart's video clip and was impressed. I think that is why I enjoy growing my beard. He has that rugged voice that I like. If I were to drink and smoke, I could bring my voice to that level.

9. Resistance leader (like that's a job): Not sure where this came from. The only resistance I lead today is against my inner urges...

10. Iron chef: I like cooking. I am a big fan of Iron Chef Rokusaburo Michiba from the Japanese series. What a name! Iron Chef Michiba always writes his menu in calligraphy before starting to cook. Planning is key to any activity.


No comments:

Post a Comment